Thursday, March 3, 2011

Day Two


It wasn't as hard as the first day, but it was still hard. I had cravings, but they weren't overwhelming. I'm not going to get too excited yet though because I know that the second week is going to be when I feel like I'm going to die. Lol.
But I started out the morning with Stone-Cut Oats and frozen berries with cinnamon. I finished off my Amazing Mango drink. I ate lots of my organic granola. I also ate quite a bit of my 7-Grain Sprouted bread. On top of that I ate wheat bread. Holy cow! I ate a lot. I know over-eating is just as bad, but at least it's not fatty food. Maybe I won't be able to lose the fat, but at least my cholesterol will go down. Jk jk.
I didn't do a workout video, but I did go hiking with Kellie! We went up to Waterfall Canyon. It was so pretty! The trail was still covered in snow. We didn't go super fast, but we kept a pretty good pace. Every now and then we could see the river peeking through the snow, and it was amazing. I love the sound of rushing water. I hate that pictures never look as good as it was in person.
It just made me so so excited for spring! It was warm enough for Kellie to wear a short-sleeve shirt, and for me to wear capris. But only because we were hiking. If we had just been hanging around outside I would've changed to something warmer for sure.
But we had so much fun. It was so great to finally get out of the house, and out of the city. Just to be outside again was the best feeling. I love girl talk, but I hardly ever get to do it. Of course we dished about our relationships, but just to be able to hang out and have fun completely changed the course of my day. I had gone to a meeting at work, and it is going to make work like fifty times harder. But maybe it will be better in the long run. And then I tried to get some errands done, but things didn't work out. I had had a really rough day, and wanted to crawl into bed and cry, but the hike completely fixed everything. Ok, it didn't fix things, but it made it easier for me to deal with them. That fresh air can really do wonders.
We started about 5:30, and got to the bottom at 7pm. It only took us 1 1/2 hours in the snow. On the way down we were trying to hurry because we didn't realize how fast it was getting dark. So scary. We were not prepared to be hiking in the dark. We were laughing so hard that Kellie peed her pants! oh my word! I was laughing so hard! I love that girl. She is so much like her moms. I stopped for a minute to try and catch a snapshot of the city and told Kellie I would catch up. But as I was taking the picture I could hear an animal crying out like it was being tortured. It was such a scary noise, and it was right off the trail. Kellie started screaming my name out because she thought something was attacking me. I took off in a sprint down the snowy hill. I was slipping and sliding all over, and I couldn't tell where my feet were landing, but we were scared to death.
When we neared the bottom we ran into hikers on their way up the mountain. They had all the gear on. Lights on their heads, snow clothes, snow boots, and hiking poles. They thought we were nuts for being up there in our attire. But it was so worth it! It was so much fun! Thanks Kellie for hiking with me!
So, instead of doing some routine exercise I was able to have fun and get some cardio in. YaY! I Loved it! and plus, I felt pretty accomplished because we made it all the way up to the top and back in the snow!

No comments:

Post a Comment