Friday, August 14, 2009

oops!


So, I kinda fell off the face of the earth with this blog huh?! sorry guys! Well, I'm here and I'm alive. But I did fail the diet. I was going to get on here and tell you about it, but I didn't. Sometimes I'm just not very good at this whole blogging deal. But I promise to do better.
Due to my self-analyzing ways I had to look back on my diet and decide whether it was the diet's fault or mine. Both. Here are my reasons (excuses):
1. I tried to be sneaky and go around the rules this time. I ate way too many nuts!!! I was like a little squirrel just munching away. Nuts are super healthy for you, and they are great to eat... in a small portion. I did not portion them. And I was eating the wrong kind. I was eating salted, roasted cashews. Fat fat fat. When you roast a nut it changes the fats into bad fats. And when you eat that much salt you retain water and increase your blood pressure. And cashews are the fatty nut anyway (p.s. that's why they are most people's favorite. p.p.s people tend to like the taste of fat). Because I was eating so many nuts I actually gained weight instead of losing weight. It was completely discouraging and contradictory.
2. I was under attack by my body. It was that time of the month... again! I had it twice in one month. And I had them with only a week break in between. My hormones and thus my cravings were through the roof! Oh, and not to mention my emotions were too. I'm an emotional eater. I've had to face this terrible fact, and I hate it! It ruins me because I'm a very emotional person (not emo though). And because my body was so off I was really sick. My stomach ached and I felt nauseous. I finally caved and ate some crackers to soothe it.
3. Last week was a high-stress week. When I'm stressed I eat. It's a bad habit. It's one I'm working on. At least I've realized it and can admit it. Too much was going on in my personal life last week and I ended up dealing with it the wrong way.. eating.
So, what have I learned? I need a new plan. I need a plan I can stick to. I need one that is more of a permanent lifestyle change. I need to learn portion-control. But working out everyday feels great! We'll get this figured out soon enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment