Wednesday, August 1, 2012

August 1, 2012

I was pretty motivated today...Thanks in part to my recent pinterest activity. lol.

First:
Jillean Michaels - Biggest Winner -
Shape Up - Front
Timer: 29:09
In Zone: 29:09
Avg BPM:168
Peak BPM: 195
Calories: 502

Second:
I decided I wanted to try and make these cute workout tanks I found on Pinterest (http://pinterest.com/pin/50032245830985948/)  and here is the actual link...(http://dollarssenseandmore.wordpress.com/2012/03/16/diy-tank-top-fashion-on-a-budget/).
I had two old t-shirts that I haven't worn in a looong time cuz they're not my favorites anymore, and so I decided to do a little revamping on them...

t-shirt from my sophmore year.


the rough lettering looks awesome with the cut-up style now.

I think the back bulges more than I'd like though...

Ilikehow it shows off your scapula. :]

and the LimeGreen senior shirt from high school. FUN COLOR!
Overall, I lUV the results! Two shirts that I liked I now love for exercising. So glad I pinned that DIY now. Go ahead and try it for yourself. Trust me, exercising is a lot more fun when you can move your arms and when you look good doing it.

Third:
I tried another thing I pinned... it was a DIY teeth whitening. (http://pinterest.com/pin/50032245830984389/) but I didn't see any difference in my smile. Oh well, at least I tried. Plus, I think you're supposed to do it once a week for a while for it to do anything. But I'm not that good at remembering or finding time for things like that right now so we'll see how that goes.

Fourth:
I tried another DIY project for washing all of my makeup brushes. It took forever because there was so much makeup stuck in my brushes. So I just washed them over and over and over again with baby shampoo. I definitely need to clean them more often. Maybe this will help keep my face more zitless. CrossYourFingers!

Fifth:
I made a home-cooked meal! I bbq'd up some chicken wings with lemon pepper. Boiled some corn on the cob from our garden. And I wanted to try some potato recipes off of pinterest, but I didn't have the right ingredients. So instead I used their cooking techniques and temperatures and made up my own concotion. Which Josh loved! HooraY! Oh and did I mention that the potatoes were even from our garden! YaY for being domestic today!


The potatoes were a mixture of olive oil, parmesan cheese, garlic salt, pepper, and parsley. I also had some surprise dinner guests. Josh's parents came over to see Hallie. If I had known I would be feeding extra mouths I would have followed a recipe and made more meat. Oh well. At least they said it tasted very good. Hopefully they weren't just being polite. And then after we gobbled up dinner and they went home I made a second batch so that we'd have a meal for tomorrow, and then I had to do all of the dishes. And it would have been a lot easier if I would have had some help with Hallie. Oh well. At least I was a domestic diva for a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment