Tuesday, July 31, 2012

July 31, 2012

Last night was a rough one. Josh was up in the mountains, and so it was just me and Hallie. But she actually went to bed pretty early. That was amazing and out of nowhere. I stayed up because I kept expecting her to wake up at 11:30 like she usually does when she falls asleep at 9pm. But she never did. While I was waiting though I cleaned things, sorted boxes, cut coupons, and packed things away in the basement. It was so nice to get that taken care of.

But while I was working I kept snacking. I had already eaten 2-3X the amount of calories I should have for the day and it was all crap! But I couldn't stop. When I am stressed I eat. I wanted to eat anything I could because we have nothing to eat. And I fell into one of my old bad habits. I was punishing myself for eating horribly by not letting myself go to bed until I worked out. So, I ate the fudge topping for icecream that's been in the fridge since we moved in. Then I ate the caramel topping. I literally ate it with a spoon! Then I ate an entire can of those gross pillsbury rolls and dipped them in cinnamon sugar. And that still wasn't enough. So I ate the Stephen's Hot Cocoa straight from the can!!! Oh my word. Seriously, Caraline??? You are Nuts! I was completely disgusted with myself. And I realized it was already after 2am. And I hadn't worked out again like I was supposed to, but instead ate everything in sight. I decided to forgive myself and reminded myself that I am enough. I am good enough. It's ok. Tomorrow I will be better. So I stopped punishing myself and I let myself climb into bed. And I immediately passed out.

Since Hallie went to bed early she also woke up early. I was crazy tired and could hardly keep my eyes open. After she got tired I decided we should both go take a nap. We were in and out of sleep until almost NOON! AaaaHHHhhh! Our whole day was gone! I kicked myself in the butt and jumped out of bed. I scooped up Hallie and ran into the living room to make up for lost time. Of course after she was done eating I was hungry. I did great at first. I ate grilled chicken breast and then snacked on raw cherries. But Hallie fussed for a couple of hours because her belly was hurting her and I ended up snacking on crap again. (I think it might be because I knew which workout laid ahead of me today. lol)

But she finally got tired and I laid her down for a nap and started up the DVD since it was still in the Xbox from yesterday. As soon as I got started on the 60 minute workout Hallie started fussing. But I let her be because she needs her alone time and I need my workout time.

When Bob brings out the minions to get started he warns everyone "They have no idea what's in store for them." And I knew he wasn't going to be nice. NOoooo!
The workout starts off with deadlifts using a single heavy weight. The deadlifts transition into deadlifts with rows, and then into single arm rows. I start realizing that this is a kettleball workout disguised as weighted exercises. The squats continue with double arm swings, single arm swings, then alternating swings. I was thoroughly enjoying swapping the weight from one hand to the other by letting go at the top of the swing and catching it with the other hand. Though I kept wondering how many people have accidently dropped or thrown their weight during this part??? And then immediately started praying that I didn't just jinx myself. You continue on with a lot of double arm swings, deadlifts, suitcase swings and tons of switching and alternating, all with squats of course.

Then you move into weighted squats and weighted squat jumps. The weighted squat jumps were impossible for me. I just couldn't do it at this point. My thighs were shredding. Then he expects you to hold the squat position while pushing the weight out in front and back, then pushing it overhead and back, then holding it up (while still in squat position). My legs were were having their own little seizures and I kept lifting up to give them a break. I just couldn't stay down there not knowing what torture lied ahead for them during the rest of the video.

I was so happy to put the weight down. The relief swelled inside of me. But then he threw something new at me. Handwalks! Where did these come from? Luckily, I was handling them pretty well. But then he added in planks, pushups, and mountain climbers. Ya, I wasn't moving very fast. And he kept telling everyone to go as fast as they can. I just couldn't. I was spent. But at least it wasn't squats or lunges.

Then he said he'd let us rest. Rest my butt! I will have you know Mr. Harper that jumping jacks are not my idea of a rest! And then he throws you back into more squats. Aaagghhh!!! And guess what??? There's still forty more minutes left of this brutality.
When Bob asks Becky if her legs are burning and she says "no" I wanted to kill her! Luckily I didn't need to because the next thing you know he's punishing her. And you can tell he's out for blood. And when he's done with her she's about to collapse, and so am I. When he asks her again a few minutes later, you can tell she has learned her lesson because all she mumbles is a humble "yes". Watch out you minions! Bob means business!

One thing that kills me with his workouts is that there are no water-breaks. Insanity offers you them constantly. But even though Bob is pushing you to the same intensity he offers no relief. He is relentless. Like he mentions in the video... "YOu asked for me as a trainer. And now you've got me!" You are absolutely merciless Mr. Harper. But one of my favorite parts of the video is when he's telling you that you can do it because it's only an hour long. And all you need to do is suck it up and keep going! Seriously, Bob??? I just about shouted back at him to "suck on this!" as I held my fist up, but then I chanted "suck it up, and keep going" as my own little mantra to keep me pushing through the pain.

This video is very humbling to those that think at-home workout videos are not exercise. It will prove to you that you are not as strong as you think you are. It shows you exactly where you need to improve, and it is determined to help you get there. And I just love that the poor little minions were not perfect athletes and models and that they were struggling just as much as I was. YaY! Sorry, but I am a little selfish. It made it so that my pride wasn't as badly bruised as it could have been. But I completely understand now how Mr. Bob Harper stays in such wonderfully delicious shape. I could just eat him up. I think that his hotness was his only saving grace from my burning hate during this video. And of course, I completely forgave him over and over as my legs trembled as I crawled into the shower. Ahhh the sweet exhaust of success. lUVD it.

Bob Harper's Inside Out Method - Body Rev Cardio Conditioning - 60 Minute Cardio Workout
Timer: 1:01:15
In Zone: 1:01:15
Avg BPM: 170
Peak BPM: 200
Calories: 1076

Ya, that probably could've been more if I hadn't cheated on so many of the moves. But I just couldn't take the beatings. Maybe next time. If there is one...

No comments:

Post a Comment