Saturday, July 14, 2012

Hello

Ok, so I am starting a new blog. I want this to be a place where Me, my family, and my friends can post about our fitness goals, progress, and success. And of course all of our roadbumps along the way. Since we already know that those are inevitable.

This morning I had no idea that I was going to start this, so I kind of already messed it up a bit. But that's ok because that's no reason not to get started. All day I kept thinking about how I wanted to exercise. But little Miss Hallie decided she wanted me to give her all my attention instead. So I did. But finally, a little after noon, she laid down for a nap! And what did I do?? I sat down and enjoyed a snack while finishing the rest of the show we had been watching. Bad Caraline! But after it was over I scolded myself and reminded myself that if I didn't take advantage of the moment then I'd lose it. And that wasn't gonna make this belly bulge go away. I kept trying to talk myself out of it with things like "what if her nap is for only like 15 minutes?" and "what if she wakes up before I have time to shower afterwards?" and "isn't cleaning the house more important??" But I decided that I would take my chances and face those roadblocks IF they happened because what if she was an angel and everything worked out for me? and it did! YaY! So, I am happy to report that I was able to complete an entire exercise video and a shower before she woke up. Hooray! And now I am feeling very happy and wonderful! So glad that I made the right choice.

I did INSANITY's UPPER BODY WEIGHT TRAINING. (Yes Mom, I still have one of your videos. lol) and these were my results:
Timer: 48:43
In Zone: 48:43
Avg Bpm: 170
Peak Bpm: 199
Calories: 856

I used the Timex watch & HR monitor my sister gave to me. I sure hope it was correct. Because Dang! That's a LOT of calories! Crossing my fingers. lol. I alternated between 5lb and 10lb dumbbells for the different exercises. I tried to challenge myself. Although, just doing the video was a big enough challenge in itself. The workouts are Hard and I'm really out of shape. The hardest part was probably the plank exercises. There were two in particular. The one included pushups and the other included raising a dumbbell straight out in front in between. My abdominals are probably my weakest point right now. My goal is to strengthen them and hopefully flatten them in the process.




My food today hasn't been too awesome...
Jack Sprout bread + I can't believe it's not butter spray+ cinnamon sugar
2 oranges
like half the box of my Kashi Go Lean Crunch! Berry Crumble cereal
2 slices of potato bread (pre-workout)
10 oz original Almond Milk + 1 scoop Amplified Wheybolic Extreme 60 Protein Powder (Post-workout)
...and I swear there was more. I just can't remember what right now. oops!
But it's only 5:30pm and I'm supposed to go out to eat tonight with the girls at Red Robin. That's gonna be a diet killer. Oh well. We hardly ever get to do this, so I might make the exception. We'll see... Until then. Adios and Good Luck!


No comments:

Post a Comment