Wednesday, July 18, 2012

July 18th, 2012

Ok, so the past few days I have been super, extremely, fabulously sore! Hoorah! I just love love love being sore. It just feels so amazingly good to me! I love that with every step you can feel each muscle stretch and release. It means that you've accomplished something. That all of your hard work hasn't been for nothing. I just love it! I wonder if other people feel the same way or if I'm just nuts. lol.
But because I am still so sore I decided to take it a little easier today. I did one of my older videos. It is from a series called Hip Hop Abs. It uses their secret method: Tilt, Tuck, & Tighten. It took me a few years to actually get around to watching the explanation of the method, and that's when I finally learned how to do it correctly and I could feel the difference. I guess it pays off to watch the instructions sometimes. oops. They use the 3 T's because he is Sean T. lol.
For the longest time I thought he was gay. He was just a little too flamboyant not to be. Especially when the Pussycat Dolls' song comes on and he yells "This is my song, this is my song!!!" The voice and the whole thing just screamed out girly to me. But I loved doin the videos just to stare at him and those arms and abs dance. hahaha. a few years down the road though and... WhaBaM!
 He's the instructor for Insanity! whaaat???!!! So. Not. Gay. It completely resolved everything in my head. Now I didn't have to feel so bad for drooling. But then I got married and now everything's all messed up again and I'm feeling guilty when I dance with him. Geez! He needs to go back to being gay, so I can drool again. jkjk.
But anyways, back to our main focus... The Workout. Well, it's not too much of one. I've always known this, so I knew it'd be the right one for today. My body needed a chance to heal and take a break. This DVD is mainly just cardio and abs. I kind of felt jipped at the end because I had spent 30 minutes on an okay workout when I could've spent 40 on a major one. But every muscle counts, and it was so much better than sitting on the couch. I do love his one move. It's called the "Get Busy" and I can always feel it hit the spot. love it. Here's my stats though:

Hip Hop Abs - Fat Burning Cardio
Timer: 29:48
In Zone: 29:48
Avg BPM: 150
Peak BPM: 174
Calories: 425

Pretty good for a 30 minute easy video though, huh? And I'm pretty sure I won't be sore tomorrow which is a good thing. Don't get me wrong, I lOVE being sore and all, but your body does need to heal so that it can properly build. Plus, I couldn't give every movement my all because I was way too tight. I was struggling just to get my kicks up to hip height. It was Ridiculous! I need to try to do some extra stretching every day.



But after such a major calorie burn to such a meager calorie burn (which it really isn't) I couldn't stop there. I decided to add on a workout I had printed off of Pinterest. It's called The World's Fastest Workout. These are its claims: 1. burns as many calories as a 40-60 minute run. 2. makes your body adapt and improve very quickly. 3. Increases metabolism for next 36 hours. 4. Takes only four minutes, No excuses.
Well, I did it and I used the same HR monitor that I use for all of my exercising. 1. I burn WAY more calories on a 40-60 minute run. 2. It is a good circuit, and it does make you need to catch your breath. 3. I can see it increasing your metabolism because it does increase your heart rate, and uses muscle. But I don't know about the whole 36 hour claim... and 4. It only takes four minutes. How much can you really expect from a four minute workout??

The World's Fastest Workout
Timer: 4:05
In Zone: 4:05
Avg BPM: 167
Peak BPM: 187
Calories: 69

On a normal 40-60 minute run for me I can burn 800-1000 calories, about 16-20X that amount. If I did this workout over and over (10-15X) then I really would burn as many calories as a 40-60 minute run, but that would require 40-60 minutes straight of this routine. lol. I'm disappointed in whoever made these false claims. Liar. Hopes shattered once again. jkjk. I knew all along it was too good to be true. Because it gives you way too many breaks and these same moves are in the videos that I do for 30-40 minutes. lol. Oh well. That's an extra half slice of bread I burned.

But I am curious if there would be much of a difference if I did it starting from a resting HR. I don't think it will make a huge difference, but I am curious to see if it will make the numbers go up or down. I will have to test this. I'll let you know when I do.


Until then, Kisses from Kiwi

No comments:

Post a Comment