Wednesday, July 25, 2012

July 25th, 2012

I'm exhausted!
Hallie had an upset belly and kept me up all night long. We ended spending the entire night on the couch so that Josh could get some sleep.
When she finally zonked out this morning I decided it was a good time to pack everything up and head over to my parents' house. They are out of town so I've been taking care of it. Plus, I needed a different workout DVD since I'm borrowing 3 at a time.
I had a hard time choosing which ones I wanted this time. But since I had done three of the Supreme 90 Day in a row I decided to switch things up a bit. And I wanted a good challenge today since I had eaten a lot of junk last night and this morning. That's what happens when I'm tired or stressed.
So, today I decided to do Insanity's Plyometric Cardio Circuit. Ya, it completely kicked my trash! Hallie had fallen asleep and so I decided it was the right time to go for it.  Of course she woke up as soon as I started. But I decided not to let that stop me. I had her in her bouncer which usually doesn't last more than a couple of minutes but she actually didn't scream today!!! She did start getting fussy about 10 minutes into it though so I had to reinsert her binky and shake the toys during every water break. Luckily, the Insanity series has many water breaks (because you definitely need them).  
I also had to run out for a potty break during the first water break because I accidentally drank 64oz of water before my workout. lol. I have never liked M&M's until recently. My Mom was given a gift of assorted M&M's and it's quite addicting. It has milk chocolate, dark chocolate, peanut, almond, peanut butter, coconut, raspberry, mint, and pretzel. For some reason the concoction is lovely. But if I grab a bag of just one kind at a time I don't like them. I'm odd, I know. Haha. But there is one healthy perk to eating M&M's... I have to drink water when I do... and LOTS of it. That's why I drank 64oz before my workout. Because that dang M&M cocktail seduced me and then trapped me! Dang you M&M's! And another discovery I've made is the sad realization that you just can't hold it after you have a baby. I never believed all of the complaining and jokes before, but now I do. It's a horrible side-effect of having a kid. The whole movie I thought I was going to pee my pants! I spent half the movie doing the potty dance. jkjk.
But seriously, that was an INSANE workout. I couldn't do all of the routines because it was just TOO much. And I had to cheat on a bunch of the moves because they were way too hard. Even during the water breaks my HR was only getting  back down to 190. Holy cow, right?!? It's called Insanity for a reason. The ski jumps, ski abs, burpees, and in&out abs were my greatest enemies today. I just couldn't do them. I gave them my all, but they were victorious over my weak, out of shape body.
And this was the outcome:

Insanity - Plyometric Cardio Circuit
Timer: 41:42
In Zone: 41:42
Avg BPM: 184
Peak BPM: 208
Calories: 829

Yowza! That's an awesome burn for 40 minutes of your day. But it definitely required a good shower afterwards because I was drenched from head to toe in sweat. lUVD it!
But when I'm finally able to complete all of the exercises I'll redo it and post my results.
Until then, Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment