Monday, July 30, 2012

July 30, 2012

Today I couldn't get Hallie to lay down hardly at all. When I finally did I knew that whatever workout I was going to attempt it needed to be a short one. But I only had one video left... Bob Harper's Inside Out Method Body Rev Cardio Conditioning. I have been postponing this one all week because my Mom warned me that it was a tough one. But I have eaten absolutely horribly today so I decided I better do it.

But I put it in and WhaLa! it offers two separate workouts. There's the 60 minute cardio workout and there's an alternative 20 minute Butt & Balance Workout. I bet you can guess which one I chose. Yep, the 60 minute cardio challenge! jkjk. Ya, I chose the 20 minute workout. lol. (well, actually it's more like 23:30 p.s.) As soon as I started I could hear Hallie rustling over the baby monitor. But I kept going. After a few more minutes she started fussing, but I decided that twenty minutes wouldn't kill her. She needs to learn how self-soothe anyways. We've been trying to teach her that it's ok not to be held. So this was as good of a time as any. It was extremely hard trying to ignore the whimpering.

It was a really quick warmup to start with, but then you jump right in. It is a great video! It's completely different from the norm because he really focuses on balance which is your core. But he does it by isolating one leg at a time. He throws stationary lunges, weighted deadlifts, single leg deadlifts, single leg bentover rows, front leg lifts, lateral raises, and front shoulder raises at you. I'm not used to trying to balance on one leg so much. I was quick to realize that my balance sucks. But it always has. I am so not a gymnast. lol. But I have always wished I was.

And after he has made you work for it he finishes off with a chair pose. He promises to only make you hold it for 30 seconds and then he'll let you rest. But he lies!... he keeps you there and makes you do pulses. Your thighs are burning, your hands start fidgeting, and your face contorts into all sorts of shapes trying to fight through the pain. And then he makes you hold it again! And of course, the whole time I am growling and muttering how much "I hate you Bob Harper" while he laughs at us. Aaaggghhh!!! Killer. The minions look as if they might collapse which gives me relief because I want to as well.

I liked this short little workout. It wasn't crazy cardio like I thought it would be, but it was nice for the allotted time. And I definitely want to do it again because I really need to work on my balance and I can tell that this workout will do just that. I like this one so much better than his Biggest Loser workouts. I especially enjoyed the leg lifts for some reason. And after completing the workout I did forgive him and actually thanked him because it did feel good.

Bob Harper Inside Out Method - Body Rev Cardio Conditioning - Butt & Balance
Timer: 23:30
In Zone: 23:30
Avg BPM: 139
Peak BPM: 173
Calories: 292

And you won't believe it. Letting Hallie cry for about 7 minutes put her to sleep! I could have done the hour cardio workout. DAngit! Because I really needed a longer workout. Oh well. There's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment