Friday, July 20, 2012

July 20th, 2012

Friday, July 20th, 2012
I didn't get to exercise, so it ended up being an extra day off. Not proud of it, but I was pretty sore again so it wasn't the worst thing for me. Instead, I ended up looking through bags of baby clothes and items that my sister's sister in-law donated to me. Which is such a blessing. She gave me sooo many wonderful and cute outfits. I am so thankful because Hallie needed warm clothes for Fall and Winter, but we just don't have the money right now. But Lonnie surprised us and came to the rescue!
But that took me a couple of hours because of course we had to play with Hallie while we did it. I was planning on exercising right afterwards, but... my dad came home and asked us to run to the pool store with him. I love spending time with them, so I chose to do that instead. And then on the way home he decided to take us out to eat. Eeek! I know that restaurants pack everything full of sugar, salt and fat, so I had mixed feelings. But my mom and I decided to do the 2 for $20. I chose water. YaY! Always the healthiest choice. But the dang dinner deal comes with an appetizer. Dun Dun Dun!!! (p.s. that's the scary music in the background)We got the chips and guacamole. Not so healthy. Avocados are great for you, but the rest of the crap they add is not. And the chips definitely are not.
 I got the 6oz steak, but I ordered the lean version. My mom ordered the regular version and I was astounded at the difference between the two plates that cost us the exact same! My steak came with salsa on top whereas hers came with butter. We both got broccoli, but mine had parmesan and hers did not (Ya, they put it on the wrong plate. lol). And I got nothing else on my plate. But she also received a loaded baked potato AND a slice of garlic bread.
 Now I know I was better off without either one of those, but you would think they would at least substitute those items on your plate. Maybe offer cauliflower and carrots alongside the broccoli or what about a salad?? I mean, seriously! You are more likely to load up on the appetizer (which I did) or a dessert afterwards without as much food. Ya, so if I ever eat there again I will order it the regular way and just request that they leave the butter off the steak, so that I can at least take home the sides for Josh to eat and get my money's worth. Because my mom didn't even eat the sides at the restaurant. She took them home and ate them later on.
I didn't get home til late, so I never got the chance to exercise. Dangit. And then I found this out...

Fire-Grilled Corn Guacamole with Chips
Calories: 1400
Fat: 84
Sat Fat: 15
Carbs: 151
Protein: 17
Fiber: 25
Sodium: 2250
Yikes! Huh??!! I was traumatized because although they did help eat some of the chips and dip I ended up eating about 2/3 of it. Ugh.

Lighter Side Classic Sirloin vs. Classic Sirloin
Calories:  250 -  870
Fat:              7 - 51
Sat Fat:     2.5 - 18
Carbs:        10 - 53
Protein:      38 - 54
Fiber:           4 - 7
Sodium: 1580 - 2760


So, ya I did save quite a few calories and grams of fat, but not money...  Oh well, at least I have my health.

No comments:

Post a Comment