Thursday, July 26, 2012

July 26th, 2012

Hallie wasn't sleeping very deep today so I knew I better choose a semi-short video. And since I did Insanity yesterday I  knew I better choose something a little easier. Plus, I really don't want to be driven insane from monotony. lol. Yes, that was supposed to be a lame play on words. Haha I promise I won't make you suffer through too many of those.

 So, I chose one that I've done before. Today's challenge was The Biggest Loser's The Workout  Bootcamp. And this time I was a little wiser and started off with level one, which they call Week 1-2. Usually I jump ahead and just go straight for Week 5-6, but I want to see the differences with my heart rate and calorie burn. And actually, the first level was pretty hard for me at times. I only used my 5 lb weights because I'm not super strong right now. My legs are sore from yesterday's plyo workout as well. The first little bit of the movie I was getting really nervous because I was afraid it was going to be too easy. And then I was really worried that I might waste 30+ minutes to discover I only burned 100-200 calories. But that wasn't the case...

The Biggest Loser The Workout - Bootcamp
Timer: 30:08
In Zone: 30:08
Avg BPM: 157
Peak BPM: 189
Calories: 464

It did get harder as the movie progressed, and there were certain moves that were especially difficult. I am really struggling with pushups. They kill me. Especially when they want you to pump out a whole bunch. Or when they add moves onto the pushups. Like Mr. Bob Harper (I think that's his name. lol) makes you do walking pushups in this video and then he makes you hold the pushup position. Killer. After doing tons of squats he also makes you hold a DEEP squatting position. I will warn you - Your thighs will BURN! It's great afterwards though. I feel my legs might be sore tomorrow. I am kind of happy that every movie seems to make you do pushups because maybe in a month or two they'll be a lot easier for me. I can't wait. But anyways, I plan on mowing the lawn early in the morning so I'll chat with you later. Goodnight!


Don't worry Chomper, me too. lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment