Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Black Bean Brownies Round 1


Look how wonderfully lovely they look with a little peanut butter and a drop of honey on top!
And they are super yummy this way too!
I have successfully made it 3 days eating clean. It's been hard. Having chocolate chip cookies, krispy kreme donuts and other goodies lying around has made it so difficult! The smells are intoxicating! I have pinned lots of so-called healthy desserts on pinterest, but when I viewed the recipes they didn't make the cut. They still included big No-No's. So, I decided to make my own recipe. I didn't plan it out. I just started throwing things together. Bad idea. Here's what happened...




I threw in one can of black beans into the blender because I knew they needed to be mashed to work... and then I added some homemade unsweetened applesauce for some sweetness and moisture... and then some old-fashioned oats in replace of the flour... chia seeds for fat... almond milk for liquid... water because I ran out of almond milk and all my husband had was whole milk... banana pineapple protein powder for protein and flour-like substance because it's the only flavor I have right now... eggs from my parents chickens to bind it all together... cocoa powder for flavor... and then I melted some all natural peanut butter to swirl in the top layer for taste, fat, protein, and beauty... I threw them in the oven preheated at 350 for 20 minutes. Not done. 5 more minutes. Not done. 5 more minutes. Not done. And then 20 minutes with the oven turned off. Good enough.
 I was too excited to try them to wait any longer. hmmm..... oh. uh. well. no. maybe. ugh. if. Hunny  please don't try these! I need to fix the recipe before you try them. At least they are pretty. Kinda mushy though...

Ingredients:
1 can black beans
1 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 cup old-fashioned oats
1 tbsp chia seeds
1/2 cup almond milk
1/2 cup water
2 scoops protein powder 
2 eggs
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/4 cup peanut butter


It needs something though. Sugar. No. Not sugar. Here are some of my ideas to help flavor it for next time... apples, more applesauce, banana, avocado, honey, salt, cinnamon, vanilla, sweet potatoes, yogurt, dates, or strawberries... I'll let you know what I decide to try and what ends up working. But this is definitely not something you should try yet. I don't want you to waste your time or money. But I must figure a way to make them cake-like like a brownie and sweeter...


The finished product!

They cut in half so easy and beautifully! Make it a sandwich!

p.s. after eating a bunch of them I have figured it out! They are super healthy bland fudge pieces!
Not brownies. hahaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment