Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Dr. Oz 3-Day Detox Info


My Mom printed off this copy and gave it to me. It breaks all three days down onto one page. But I'll go through and explain it as best I can...


You can also see an online version here:

And here is a picture of the shopping list: 

You start off your day with a drink...
 Morning Detox Tea
1 Green Tea
1 slice lemon
1 tsp stevia

Then you have a breakfast shake...
Breakfast Drink
1 cup water
1 Tbsp flax seed
1 cup raspberries
1 banana
1/4 cup spinach
1 Tbsp almond butter
2 tsp lemon


You choose your brand. Whatever ones you like. Don't worry you'll have the rest of your vitamin later on.
1/2 multivitamin
probiotic supplement

Then you have a lunch shake...
Lunch Drink
4 celery stalks
1 cucumber
1 cup kale leaves
1/2 green apple
1/2 lime
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup almond milk
1 cup pineapple

Then you have that other half I was talking about and another supplement
1/2 multivitamin
omega 3 supplement

Then you have a snack shake. This is the best part because you get to choose any of the 3 shakes that you like the most! Yippee!!!
Snack Shake

Then you have your last and final drink of the day...
Dinner Drink
1/2 cup mango
1 cup blueberries
1 1/2 cup coconut water
1 cup kale
1 Tbsp lemon
1/4 avocado
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 Tbsp flax seeds

Then you get to relax and have a few minutes to yourself...
Detox Ultra Bath
2 1/2 cups epsom salt
10 drops lavender oil



Ok, here are my suggestions...
- Lipton Green Tea had the most flavonoids I could find. You lose flavonoids when you go decaf.
- I sliced a whole lemon at a time and kept it in the fridge for easy access. I ate the lemon slice because I love lemons and it's extra fiber. lol.
- I did NOT use Stevia. I have heard mixed reviews about it, so I used agave nectar instead
- I used my ground flax seed instead of my whole flax seeds because your body will absorb more this way. And the whole seeds might cause you to get the runs...
- I used frozen raspberries because believe it or not they are more fresh than the fresh ones at the store. And they are CHEAPER!
- I should have gotten more bananas because I ran out and couldn't do my favorite shake on the last day
- one bag of spinach is plenty! You'll have a bunch left over. I added extra in my drinks because I'm bad at guess-timating and extra nutrients and fiber is always a good thing
- I hard a really hard time finding pure almond butter at the store. The one I bought had salt added to it, but no extra oils. If you go to a whole foods store like I usually do then you can get it cheaper and completely pure!
- I skipped the omega-3's because they always make me vomit and I didn't want to be sick during this detox
- 1 package of celery was just enough to get me through the detox
- I bought 2 bunches of kale and only had half of one leftover, so I made a homemade knock-off of Olive Garden's Zuppa Toscana afterwards
- I stored the green apple and lime halves in the same container to prevent browning
- I melted my coconut oil for better texture and mixing
- I used Almond Breeze unsweetened original. It's my favorite!
- I bought a whole pineapple because it was cheaper and freshest and I had Tons leftover. Not complaining about that one single bit!
- I stored the mango open-side down and it didn't brown
- I used frozen blueberries for the same reasons as the raspberries, and I already had them in my freezer
- I had to buy single servings of the coconut water because my store doesn't carry large bottles. But one single serving was enough for one drink.
- coconut water is DIFFERENT from coconut milk
- I only cut off 1/4 of the avocado at a time and stored it open-side down and it did not brown
- I could not find any cayenne pepper at the store, so I used crushed red pepper instead. I tried cinnamon the first night. Don't do that. And my Mom's friend said that the cayenne pepper was way too much for her anyway. And she eats Thai food all the time. Crushed Red Pepper worked best for me.
- Use the lavender oil. You can buy some pure lavender oil here:
Lavender Essential Oil and if that doesn't work go here and search it in the store: DoTerra Essential Oils
- Make sure that your bath is hot! Don't burn yourself, but you have to make yourself sweat!
- Try to stay in the water for 20-30 minutes to really draw out the toxins
- Make it affordable! I price-matched four different stores and used coupons to save $$$

No comments:

Post a Comment