Thursday, January 3, 2013

Dr. Oz 3-Day Detox Cleanse, Day 3

Today is Josh's day off. My diets always get messed up when he's home. lol.

I woke up earlier than I have been. I woke up at about 7am and got going. Maybe I am getting a little more energy. And it was crazy, but I didn't wake up starving today. I had my morning detox tea and then got started cleaning.

Hallie was up at 8:30 and Josh got up around 10am. I made my breakfast drink around 10:30am. I was kind of sad that this would be the last time that I have the breakfast drink. Because it was really good.

Josh sat on the couch and played his Gameboy and wasn't any help with Hallie so I had to keep an eye on her and try to take care of everything else. After a while Josh said that he wanted to go shoot his arrow and asked if I wanted to go. Did I want to go?? NO. But Hallie hasn't been napping for me and she usually falls asleep in the car, so I decided we would tag along. But before we left I ran in and made my lunch shake.

I drank my lunch shake along the drive up to slc (we had to go get my earrings and wedding ring cleaned at Jared's). You have no idea how thankful I was that this would be the last time I had to drink this dang Green Juice. haha.

After Josh was done shooting and we drove back up to SLC and then drove back home it was already 5:30pm. I was planning on going to the gym with Char again so I figured I had better skip the snack drink and get in my dinner shake.

I used Crushed Red Pepper instead of Cayenne Pepper again. But this time I drank the whole thing. No more letting it sit and soak up the spice. It is so much better when it's not as spicy. And I actually liked the Crushed Red Pepper more than the time I used cinnamon. I still don't understand that one. lol. But I recommend Crushed Red Pepper!

I went to the gym even though I was feeling awful still. I was beginning to think that it was a cold and not a side-effect of the detox. I bet I got it from the night I went to work. One of the other CNA's was getting over a nasty cold. I wasn't coughing and I made sure to wipe down everything I used.

I got home around 9pm and decided to make my snack shake. It's always important to eat after a workout so that your muscles recover better. But I didn't have all of my ingredients anymore. So I decided to follow the basics of  the other recipes and make one using my leftovers. Here's what it ended up being:

Caraline's Left-over Snack Shake
1/2 cup Almond Milk
1 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 cup mango
1 cup kale
1/2 lime
2 celery stalks
1/2 green apple
1/2 cup pineapple
1/4 avocado
1/4 cup spinach
 
Once again, I took my shake in with me to my detox bath. It helps the time go by. lol. I used 2 1/2 cups epsom salt because I opened up my new package. And I still had the oil so I added 10 drops of Lavendar as well. I made this my hottest bath yet. It was hot enough that I sweating, but not so hot that it hurt. This time I managed to stay in for 25 minutes! HooRaY! It felt good. But I did get a little light-headed. I also used my Vitamin E skin oil afterwards as well.
I was so excited to fall asleep because I knew that when the sun came up the next day that I could go back to life as normal. No more liquid diet!
 
 
p.s. I never had the black tar turds that most people talk about when they go on a detox. Maybe it's because I'm still young and I eat healthier than most people so I don't have as many toxins built up in my body. But my BM's did start to look like and have the same consistency as the shakes. lol. Sorry if that was too much info, but it's the truth. 


No comments:

Post a Comment