Thursday, October 25, 2012

October 25, 2012

I almost didn't wake up, but then I heard my husband's lovely grumbling "stupid phone, why won't you turn off??!!" lol. It was my phone! No wonder I think I've been sleeping through my alarms. He's been turning them off before they wake me up! Ah! But luckily, I did wake up. I just couldn't drag myself out of bed until 4:52 am.
Nevertheless I did wake up, get ready, and go to the gym!
Today we did Body Attack at the Gold's Gym in Layton. It was quite different from the other two classes that we have tried. This one was pretty much Jazzercise. Except there is one circuit where all it is is push-ups. And then another circuit is completely lunges. Those rounds killed me because it was so much repetetive use of the same muscles. But the rest of the class was pretty much just cardio. Which is great. I'll take any exercise I can get. And it's good to switch it up.
We were able to stay for the entire class except for the last 5 minutes. YaY! And here are my totals from today's session:
 
Body Attack
Timer: 40:50
In Zone: 40:50
Avg BPM: 171
Peak BPM: 197
Calories: 724

WooHoo! I love to see numbers above 500! That is a good calorie burn for a 5am workout!
But we had to leave early so that we could get to our babies, so that our hubbies could go to work. But it snowed during the night!!! AAaaHHhhh!!! It wasn't sticking when we left for the class, but it sure was when we got out of it. The drive home was treacherous. All the slush was underneath the snow on the roads and so we were slipping around a bit. When I got home I ran the garbage can out to the curb, scraped the snow off the car windows, warmed up the car for Josh, put his lunch together, got out the snow tires for both cars out of the basement, and switched the laundry loads over! Look at me go! This waking up early is starting to be an awesome thing!
Oh! And before I started this blog I baked an egg to eat for breakfast (because I accidentally dropped it and cracked it), and threw the others in a muffin tin to hard-boil in the oven! I'm trying them at 350 degrees for 30 min. Once they're done I'll put them in ice water for 10 min. I hope this works! I'm kind of nervous because they're not store-bought eggs. They are from my parent's chickens. They better turn out! If not, I'll be so sad that I ruined a dozen (minus one) eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment